International Grocery

g mart charlotte nc

Once things are up and running, Han said another goal is to partner with local organizations to host international events and festivals in their parking lot. A 25,000 square foot food hall will serve authentic Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Indian and Japanese cuisines, to name a few. Peter Han, one of the owners of Super G Mart, said many customers drive by their soon-to-be third location in Pineville.

Charlotte woman pockets $250,000 scratch-off win - NC Education Lottery

Charlotte woman pockets $250,000 scratch-off win.

Posted: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 08:00:00 GMT [source]

WCNC would like to send you push notifications about the latest news and weather.

Still, They are comparable to smaller Asian markets. The 108,000 square foot space will also allow for a roomier layout with wider aisles. Han said, "We're an international grocery store, so we want customers to feel like they're traveling through different regions at every aisle that they go to." I got to try a wide variety of treats for a great price. Here are my recommendations if you want to do the same. The buns with garlic and hot dog were the winners here and were enjoyed with breakfast and earned me some nice relationship brownie points.

Before You Leave, Check This Out

Surely, it’s important to do some research before I check out the new food court, right? So happy they opened up another one and really wish they would open one in Columbia, SC. They opened early and not everything is completely set up yet, but they still had quite the variety.

Super G Mart Charlotte

We enjoyed the bouncy, fluffy dough of the bun. Such a good grocery store. You can come here just for the food.

"We're trying to create a cultural hub," Han said. "There's going to be language classes, cooking classes for customers that might not be familiar with some of our ingredients." For the latest breaking news, weather and traffic alerts, download the WCNC Charlotte mobile app. Everything was best fresh, and because I overdid it, not everything was enjoyed at its best, but I will be adding the bakery to my future trips to Super G. The shrimp scallop dumplings offered up more textures to get hooked on with a chewy rice paper-style wrapping.

I came across a few items that were expired, so double check the dates. Finding go-to Asian supermarkets made me begin to feel at home in Charlotte, and Super G Mart is a top-tier choice. With the opening of a new location in Pineville, I decided to visit.

A neighborhood market debuts in Charlotte’s South End with organic foods and wines - Charlotte Observer

A neighborhood market debuts in Charlotte’s South End with organic foods and wines.

Posted: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 07:00:00 GMT [source]

Honey Buns, Hong Kong Bakery, and Korean Restaurant

And while you’re in Greensboro, visit the Greensboro Science Center in North Carolina. Slurping the chewy rice noodles, I knew I had made a great choice. Most of Charlotte’s in-the-know foodies know the culinary treasure that is Super G Mart, on Independence Blvd, and could write a love letter to its seemingly endless aisles of treasures.

The Korean-owned Super G Mart on Independence Boulevard has already seen its customer base increase, and the owners believe now is the time to go big. I’m excited to check out the new cafeteria at the Pineville location when it opens in spring 2023 and I’ll be ready to share more insight when I do. The influence on my cooking style can’t be overstated. It’s a love that’s only gotten stronger with time. Meeting someone who loves and appreciates the spice/fish sauce/Fabulouso scented destination is an exciting indicator of a potential kindred spirit. It’s one of my favorite day-off adventures.

g mart charlotte nc

Pineville

Splash into our Seafood department with our selection of fresh fish including live Tilapia, Blue crab, Lobster and much more. Under Brown Mountain Lights the Beast of Blandenboro wanders this magical land where lighthouses shine on kingdoms only accessible by ferries. A Lost Colony of legends and pirates revealed in historical sites and majestic mountains with views that make us weep. The home of handmade sculptures and scrumptious cuisine. North Carolina leaves this long-time writer and artist breathless with endless surprises, including the unlikely warmth a winter walk on the beach can bring. "I think right now is a good time for people who are interested in stepping outside of their comfort zone a little bit, and trying some other flavors," Han said.

For the last few weeks, I’ve also been trying to create the flavors and dishes I crave by making things like cold soba noodles, seaweed salad, and miso soup at home. Plus, I’ve had plenty of great ramen and dumplings ready to go for days I don’t feel like cooking. Im so happy I finally drove to this international market. They had a lot of items to choose from. I was happy to find various fresh herbs, meats, vegetables, beverages, and baked goods that are unavailable in my area.

I am too familiar with the udon (12.99) and bibimbap (13.99) and other generally excellent offerings at Korean Restaurant and I would recommend checking them out. On this visit, however, I focused on Honey Buns and Hong Kong Bakery to get some dishes and baked goods I wasn’t as familiar with - though I am always craving sticky rice in lotus leaves. Hopefully, you are convinced to visit this huge international market in North Carolina. If you have been to Super G Mart, please tell us about a purchase in the comments below.

Each aisle is notated by country and if you want the best selection of fruits and vegetables, this is your place. They had items I'd never seen before. Purchased the kimchi that was made in the back and really loved it. Can't wait to go back when they are fully stocked. They do have a rewards program like many groceries stores do, And you may need it because the only downside is the shelf products are not quite affordable. Especially the snack aisle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Should I Wear on a Cruise? A Guide to Cruise Line Dress Codes

The Best Manufactured Homes For Rent In Berks County References

Chimney Rock State Park